VIN DE FRANCE ROUSSANNE 2011
• Origin: vines in the communes of Chavanay and Saint-Michel-sur-Rhône.
• Soils: granitic.
• Varieties planted: roussanne.
• Cultivation: plots are grass-covered to fight erosion. No insecticides or pesticides, few treatments (depending on weather), small amount of organic-only fertiliser, with respect of soil and vine balance. Vigour and yield control, leaf-thinning and green harvesting to promote grape maturation. Mechanisation is possible, but manual work is preferred.
• Vinification: the grapes are hand-picked; then sorted and left to settle in the cellar. Alcoholic and malolactic fermented with native yeasts in temperature-controlled stainless-steel vats.
• Maturing: 6 months on the lees in vats and barriques.
• Alcohol content: 13%.
• Output: approx. 14,800 bottles.
• Style: a nose with gentle hints of pears and peaches. Great finesse on the palate, which sustains the fruity impression from the bouquet, and a long, slightly tart finish.
• Ageing: drink young, up to 3-4 years.
• Food match: serve at 12°C with shellfish (e.g. mussels in white wine and lemon).